Friday 15 April 2016

Layout of my Book

I have planned to layout my book in a specific way, and will insert the photoshoots in the order they were taken as I think they flow well that way; Butterfly, Crow, Beetle and then Deer. 

The book will be A3 sized with a linen covering and will be created using www.bonusprint.co.uk . The paper will be of a normal standard (not overly glossy) but of high quality. 

The first page of the book will be a small amount of introductory text in a poem format, reading: 

'The Beast appears from time to time 
A dark shadow in sand draws the line 
We choose to cross or hold our ground 
Until Beauty once more can be found 

Everyone of us has a little of the Beauty and the Beast within…' 

On the next page will read the Butterfly poem adjacent to a portrait photo from the shoot, the next two pages will be a double page spread with a singular landscape image spread across both the pages for maximum impact, the same layout will be on the next two pages also. On the following two pages I will take the image of her lying down and mirror it for an effect of butterfly wings which'll look striking and eye-catching. The next two pages will be a portrait shot from the shoot on the left page, and on the right page to end the chapter will be the double exposure image. This layout pattern will follow throughout the book. 

After all of the shoots there will be a page reading 'Behind the Beauty…' and adjacent will be a singular photo of me creating the makeup on one of the shoots. When you turn the page, across the next two pages will be a collage of images of myself creating the hair and make-up looks on my models to give the audience an idea of how the looks were created, and I fell this is a strong USP of my book.

The book will end with a brief page of thanks to my photographer and models. 

No comments:

Post a Comment