Sunday 6 March 2016

Beetle & Flower Photoshoot: Behind the scenes

For my third photoshoot I chose the location of Ashridge woods in Hertfordshire again, but in different locations to the previous butterfly shoot. 

When choosing a hair and make-up design, I wanted to do something with bright colours to contrast against the dull wooded background and the pastel colours of the flower wreath. I also wanted to have an impactful hair style so decided to style a wig for the shoot. I decided to dress the model in a plain sheer dress so that it wouldn't take any attention away from the hair and make-up. 

For the make-up, I started by applying a Bobbi Brown foundation in 'Porcelain' mixed with an Illamasqua matte primer and buffed well into the skin. I followed by concealing any necessary areas and lightly powdering to fix into place. I then used a pink blush to contour the cheek bones and around the head.

For the eyes, I applied a mix of a Kryolan bright blue shadow and an Urban decay shadow in 'Gonzo' into a precise eyelid shape with no blending so that it created a harsh line. I then applied Urban Decay 'Slowburn' eyeshadow around the blue and underneath the eye and blended up to the brow to soften the look. I then applied a yellow Kryolan eyehsadow round the outer edge of the orange to blend further. For the lower waterline I used Inglot eyeliner gel in '70' to make the blue on the lid pop. For the upper lashes I applied media length individual lashes to open up the eye and for the lower lashes I painted them with the Inglot eyeliner gel used in the waterline. Next I coated the eyebrows in Inglot eyeliner gel in '84' and brushed backwards through the brows creating an almost bushy bleached brow look. 

Finally, for the lips I applied Lime Crime velveteen matt liquid lipstick in 'Suedeberry'. I then glued two real beetles to her chest with eyelash glue.

For the hair, I braided the models hair in order to make it as flat as possible so that the wig would sit on her head properly, but left the whole hairline out so that it could be blended with the wig. I then pinned the wig into place on the head and blended the models hair with the wig to make it look more realistic. Finally I placed a variety of real beetles into the hair and a real butterfly. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment