Sunday 21 February 2016

Butterfly Photoshoot: Behind the scenes

To create the hair and make-up look for my final Butterfly photoshoot, I stuck with the make-up and hair designs I created in the test shoot, but with slight changes, such as the rice paper butterflies instead of the paper ones. 

I started by doing the skin, which I used a Bobbi Brown foundation in shade 'Porcelain Peach', mixed with Illamasqua hydra veil and Illamasqua satin primer and buffed in well to give her skin a very glowy and shimmery look. I then highlighted her face further by sweeping some Bobbi Brown highlighting shimmer brick across her cheekbones and down the centre of her nose, and I did the same with Lime Crime eyeshadow in 'Fly'. 

Next I primed her lids with Urban Decay eye primer and blended Lime Crime 'Filter' eyeshadow all over the eyelid up to the brow and under the eye in a soft winged shape. I then blended 'Fly' shadow in the inner corners of the eyes. Finally for the eyes I applied a small amount of mascara to the top and bottom lashes. For the brows I stuck small butterflies over them using lash glue and stuck them out to the hairline. 

For the lips I again used the Urban Decay eye primer and then pressed 'Fly' shadow all over them to create an iridescent look. I then finished the makeup by sticking the various sized rice paper butterflies up the chest and neck. 

For the hair I simply backcombed it all over and slightly smoothed it back and pinned into place whilst pulling some of the front pieces out to create a slightly more unkept look. I then placed a few butterflies into the hair also. 






I will use a variety of photos like these in the 'Behind the scenes' section for each shoot in the back of my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment