Saturday 27 February 2016

The Grange Photoshoot: Behind the scenes

For my second photoshoot, I chose the location of 'The Grange' stately home in Winchester, with its mix of natural settings and also the grand building itself to photograph against. 

When coming up with a hair and make-up design to mix with the location, I wanted to do something quite grand and wanted the model to look powerful and glamorous, as though she owned the place, but keeping a surreal edge to the look. With this in mind, I dressed my model in a floor length plunging, backless fishtail sequinned petrol blue dress and paired it with an iridescent black/blue feather collar to  also keep with the theme of nature. 

For the make-up, I started by applying a base of Bobbi Brown foundation in shade 'Porcelain' with the matte Illamasqua primer and buffed it well into the skin. I then concealed any necessary areas and powdered to set. Next I contoured the face with a Barry M powder to give a more structured look to the face and then I highlighted the cheekbones to compliment the contour. 

For the eyes, I used a black pencil liner to line the upper and lower waterline. I then primed the eyelids with an Urban decay eye primer and applied Urban Decay eyeshadow in 'Framed' all over the lid and up to the brow. Next I created a cut crease using a Sleek matte black eyeshadow and blended upwards slightly. I then used a black gel liner to create a flick that joined with the cut crease. Then I applied a small amount of mascara and and put on some spiky false lashes on the upper lid and individual ones under the eyes. For the brows I bought two small black fluffy feathers and cut half away in rode to create a brow like shape and stuck them on underneath each eyebrow with eyelash glue. 

Finally for the lips I applied MAC lip pencil in 'Chestnut' all over and then applied Topshop lipstick in 'Get me bodied' on top. 

For the hair, I decided to keep it simple as I didn't want the look to be too busy so I straightened her hair and scraped it into a tight ponytail gelling the sides back. I then placed a giant hair donut around the base of the ponytail and wrapped the hair around it and secured with hair pins and hairspray. 


 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment